Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sensation saddles - the name fits!



I love riding bareback!  Once you love it, often a saddle can feel confining.  With a large leather saddle, I can’t feel the horse move (one of the joys of riding!) and sometimes I can hardly pick the saddle up!   So, I have ridden a flexible or treeless saddle for a long time. 



I was thrilled to demo 2 Sensation saddles from Nickers Saddlery in Canada in November with Kristy Everson.  Two saddles demoed; 2 saddles bought!  I feel like the old Remington shaver commercial.  “I liked it so much, I bought the company!”  Hardly.  But I will become a sales rep.  It’s a saddle I can be passionate about.  If you are interested in hearing more or trying one yourself, send me an email or give me a call!
G3 Hybrid with Dressage flaps

Harmony Element with English flaps






I met Dana through a mutual friend, the Mangalarga Marchadors and Facebook in 2010.  She is a horse lover, rider and a horse health professional.                  



 From their website: http://www.nickerssaddlery.com
Dana Johnsen, President, Nickers Saddlery, made the first treeless saddle of her own design in 1994. At that time the concept was just beginning to be noticed. Dana persevered with the designs, believing the concept to be often superior to what some riders had available to them - to truly fit their horses in comfort.  The Nicker's treeless saddle design, now known as the Sensation Ride, has been refined in materials and design. 

Westlish Rebel 
The Sensation Ride Line includes other innovative tack designs - geared toward ease of use, practicality and efficiency of function.Each Sensation Saddle is custom made to suit your needs. You can choose the components of English and Western design that you like best and combine them to create your perfect saddle.  You can be flashy, with Hot Pink if that’s what you like. Every horse and rider is different and Sensation offers a wide variety of options in Leather, Seat Size, Flap shape, cantle and pommel sizes, rigging adjustments, etc. Almost anything is possible. 
Western Sport Trail 

Sensation Ride Saddles are designed to fit a wide variety of horses - but they are particularly popular for short backed, round horses, especially breeds such as the Icelandic, Haflinger, Fjord, Draft Breeds, Arabians, Gaited Breeds, Quarter Horses and Stock Breeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment