Thursday, May 27, 2010

Given a choice, my next dog will also be a border collie, like our wonderdog, Mac. I love the breed – their intelligence, spirit, pure joy and beauty when they are running. Wait – that description could also fit a Marchador!

Like dogs, there are now too many horses in the U.S. It’s a problem. But while I donate to some of the rescue efforts, I would not want a different breed of horse, even for a good cause or for free. And now having raised horses from birth, that is the way to go for me. I breed Marchadors because they possess all of the characteristics that I value in a horse. They are what I want to own, ride and spend time with.

It isn’t all about the breeders; it’s also about the owners. Both produce unwanted horses. I make a commitment to SW horses. We find a new home, sell it for you or even sometimes buy it ourselves if you can no longer keep it. My dream would be for every horse to find a forever home.

No comments:

Post a Comment