Friday, March 12, 2010















I rode Bella today (real name Elba Cruzalta) just around the ranch property and marveled at our journey together. Such a sweet mare and willing to try to do anything - like walk by that blue tarp over the hay - even though I can tell she's very apprehensive about it. Perhaps, I think, we need to do some tarp and scary things training to help this old girl.

She went comfortably - just at a walk, at my request. Such a difference from the mare who would rush almost out of control if you ever loosened the reins. I am content and happy on her back.

So now that she is happy, we will move on to the finer elements of riding. I would love to get her to bend and supple, to give her head some and start using her back end a little more. (She's learned on the ground to do that, but under saddle, not so much). But, I think, we have time for that - and today we just enjoy the walk - the sunshine and fresh air, the feeling of eternity like time has just stopped and that this ride can last forever.

I will miss you Bella when your owners come for you. For the rest of my life. You are a special one, a spirit horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment